Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that serve as anchors for replacement teeth. They are made of titanium or other materials that are biocompatible with the human body. When surgically placed into the jawbone, they bond with the bone and form a sturdy foundation for replacement teeth.
The implant itself is a small post inserted into the missing tooth's bone socket. Depending on your needs, the post is topped with a crown, bridge, or denture. At All Day Smiles Dental, dental implants are a popular option that we offer for replacing missing teeth because they look and feel like natural teeth. They also help to preserve the health of the surrounding teeth and jaw.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental implants in Plano, TX, look and feel like natural teeth, and they can improve your smile and confidence.
- Dental implants allow you to eat and speak normally, and they can restore your bite strength.
- Dental implants do not rely on other teeth for support, so they do not put stress on your other teeth. This can help to prevent future tooth loss.
- Dental implants do not decay like natural teeth, so they help to prevent gum disease and other oral health problems.
- Missing teeth can make you self-conscious about smiling, laughing, and eating in public. Dental implants allow you to regain confidence and enjoy everyday activities without worrying about your teeth.
- Dental implants are an investment in your health and quality of life. They can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance.
The Procedure for Dental Implants
The first step in the dental implant procedure is a consultation with our implant dentist. Our dentist in Plano, TX, will discuss with you your health history and goals during this appointment. They will examine your mouth and take X-rays to determine whether you are a good implant candidate. If you are, they will create a treatment plan for you.
Implementing this treatment plan, our dentist will place the implant post in your jawbone during surgery. The post is made of titanium, a biocompatible material that will be fused with the bone over time. Once the post is in place, the bone around it must heal for several months before the crown can be placed.
After the bone around your implant has healed, you will return to our office for a small connector piece called an abutment to be placed on top of the post. This piece is what will hold your new crown in place. The final step in the dental implant process is the placement of your permanent crown. This crown will be custom made to match your natural teeth in color and shape. Once it is in place, you will be able to eat, speak, and smile with confidence again!
Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth and restore your smile. If you are considering dental implants, visit All Day Smiles Dental at 3020 LEGACY DRIVE, SUITE 210, PLANO, TX 75023, or call 972-433-7933.